Nokia Leads the Global Rankings in Updating Smartphone Software and Security, according to a report by research firm Counterpoint.

The report shows that Nokia is the leading brand in terms of updating smartphones in terms of operating system updates and security updates. Updates are a major concern when buying an Android device, and Google is trying to solve this problem by pushing further fixes through Google Play services and initiatives such as Project Treble and Project Mainline.

The report shows how various manufacturers sent updates from the third quarter of 2018 to the second quarter of 2019. Nokia leads the race, with 96 percent of phones shipped last year using Android Pay 9.0, while the remaining 4 percent of its devices are powered by Android 8.1 Oreo.

The Korean giant Samsung ranks second, with 89 percent of its devices powered by the latest version of the Android system, while the remaining 7 percent of its devices are powered by Android Oreo.

Xiaomi is ranked third, with 84 percent of its phones powered by Android Pay, while 9 percent are powered by Android Oreo 8.1.

Huawei ranked fourth, with 82 percent of its phones powered by Android Pay, 5 percent of its phones running Android Oreo 8.1, and 10 percent of its phones powered by Android Oreo 8.0.

Lenovo and Oppo have 43 percent and 35 percent, respectively, of Android-powered phones.

Vivo, LG and Alcatel have the worst record, with 18 percent, 16 percent and 14 percent, respectively, of Android Pay devices.

The report shows that Nokia updated about 50 percent of its phones shipped last year to the latest version of the Android system in six months.

No other company – except Xiaomi and Lenovo – has updated more than half of its phones to the latest version of Android, even 12 months after Android Pay.

This indicates that companies often issue updates to their expensive devices, but their mid- and low-end devices do not have the latest version of Android.

Operating system updates and security updates are one aspect of Android smartphones that have relatively little attention.According to low consumer awareness, such things do not appear among the 10 features consumers say they care more about.

However, a large part of the responsibility falls on the phone manufacturers to send frequent operating system and security updates.

Source : Counterpoint

Related Articles
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.